[Xorp-users] Problem with RP

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Fri Oct 6 12:02:32 PDT 2006

> I'm trying to create a multicast ambient (Xorp/PIM-SM) with 3 routers,
> where one is the RP.
> The client PCs are running SDR software to make tests of communication.
> When a client creates a SDR session, the RP router takes the following
> error: "kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled" and then reboots the
> FreeBSD.
> What's it mean?

It sounds like a bug in the FreeBSD kernel. What version are you
using?

Also, make sure you have the following options enabled in the kernel
configuration:

options         MROUTING                # Multicast routing
options         PIM                     # PIM multicast routing

Though, even if you don't have them the kernel shouldn't panic.