[Xorp-users] Install without CD-R or CD-RW

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Mon Oct 16 05:27:04 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 01:45:04PM +0200, David H. Guerrero wrote:
> Hello, how do I install CD Live XORP 1.3 if I don't have a CD-R or CD-RW drive
> (or "I have no way to burn this image that I just downloaded.")?
You could install FreeBSD or Linux or some other
system first by PXE booting or whatever and then
just download XORP and install on top of that.

XORP is merely a routing application suite and can
be run on top of several different operating
systems. Perhaps you already have a computer
installed and ready to go.

Another option would be to try out Vyatta which is
Linux tightly coupled with XORP and a bunch of
other programs to provide more of a uniform router
feeling. You can take a look at www.vyatta.com,
though I don't think there is an installation
option other that CD for Vyatta either.

Regards,
   Kristian.

--
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer                      Net at Once [AS35706]
+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se