[Xorp-users] Fwd: underlying vif is not UP

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Wed Oct 18 10:06:15 PDT 2006

> I'll check that Pavlin and tell you the feed back
> I have a question about what you mentioned about "underlying interface is
> really UP". Do you mean being ENABLED? If so, It is enabled. But I can't
> find the UP remark anywhere??
> I'll check if the interface has a previous configured IP and tell you back.

Yes, I meant "ENABLED" within the "show interface" output. You
should see something like:

user at hostname> show interfaces
rl0/rl0: Flags:<ENABLED,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet6 xxxx::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx prefixlen 64
        inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx subnet xxx.xxx.xxx.0/xx broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        physical index 1
        ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx