[Xorp-users] Fwd: underlying vif is not UP

hilal chouman hilalchouman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:59:17 PDT 2006

I was not aware of the "fib2mrib". I'll enable it and see what happens.
Now i am doing the same configuration steps for a second router R2 (so that
I can include 2 routes instead of 1 in between the source and the
destination node.)

*CS--R1--R2--Destination*

but I got another error related to vif which is th following:
*10 command failed cannot enable vif rl0 no such vif*

I checked that the interfaces are enabled, everything is ok, and the ip
addresses are configured correctly with no conflict with the pre-configured
ips on windows. Moreover there is connection . I can ping (using a network
analyzer in the destination node) from the destination to both interfaces of
R2. Note that rl0 is the interface of R2 to the left, that is the interface
of R2 that connects to R1.
A last note, this error occurs when I try to commit the changes only after
the configuration of mfea4.
Any ideas what might be the reason for that?

Now when I go to such setup (2 routers in between), is itbetter to use the
CandBSR/CandRP  mechanismor the static RP is ok?

As for your other remarks, I'll check them and tell you back what happened.
Thanks again Pavlin!!

regards,
Hilal

--