[Xorp-users] Fwd: underlying vif is not UP

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Fri Oct 20 18:20:32 PDT 2006

>  Almost like this:

OK, nothing unusual in your configuration.
I just tried similar to what you did, but I couldn't reproduce the
problem, so we need to go back and look at this from the beginning.

1. Send me information about the XORP version and OS you are using
2. Send me your "ifconfig -a" output before starting XORP.
3. Start XORP with an empty configuration file:
   ./xorp_rtrmgr -b empty.boot
4. In a separate window start a xorpsh session but save all terminal
   output to a file by using script(1):
   script
   ./xorpsh
5. Type/commit all commands which are triggering the error.
6. After you trigger the error exit xorpsh and the "script" shell.
   The terminal output and everything you typed should be in the
   "typescript" file in the local directory.
   Please send me that file as well.