[Xorp-users] BGP conditional route advertising

mihai at duras.ro mihai at duras.ro
Fri Sep 1 01:56:21 PDT 2006

I'll try adding a feature request then.

Prepending is sometimes not enough.

For example some upstream providers will always place a higher weight,
local pref,etc on a route received from a certain peer and thus render the
as-path prepend unusable.

What I want is:

Announce my route over ISP1 while ISP1 is online (and don't receive any
traffic on the backup ISPs).
If ISP1 down then announce via ISP2.
If ISP2 down..and so on.