[Xorp-users] BGP conditional route advertising

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Fri Sep 1 01:42:33 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 11:25:01AM +0300, mihai at duras.ro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this has been asked before but I had no luck while google-ing for
> it.
>
> Does XORP support BGP conditional route advertising as Cisco does with the
> advertise map per-neighbor command ?
As far as I know it does not, but it would indeed
be a nice feature. You could add a feature request
at http://www.xorp.org/bugzilla/index.cgi with a
small description of what you want :)

> I'm searching for a solution to advertise some prefixes on a backup link
> only if the main link goes down (the default gateway is no longer received
> on it with an AS-PATH of the neighbors AS)
Isn't prepending your as-path enough?

Regards,
    Kristian.

--
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer                      Net at Once [AS35706]
+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se