[Xorp-users] Trouble with RIP

Venketesan venkthi1 at iit.edu
Wed Sep 6 12:13:27 PDT 2006

Hi,
Actually the error message was just an example error message which
appears in all the normally operational nodes except node D. for
example say we have nodex(eth1)---(eth0)nodey. eth1=10.0.15.1/24;
eth2=10.0.15.2/24
In a normall operational RIP nodex, i wud see a error message: "  RIP
port eth1/eth1/10.0.15.1 received bad route from 10.0.15.2:520 -
loopback route"
and in nodey, i wud see a error message: "  RIP port
eth0/eth0/10.0.15.2 received bad route from 10.0.15.1:520 - loopback
route"
This does not affect the operation in any way as i have observed so
far.

And such a message is received for each of the interfaces in any node
which is configured with RIP and has RIP neighbor.

The node D that is erroneous is the only one that does not show this
error message.
I will send the config files when i get back to the machine.

I am using XORP 1.2.

Thanks and regards,
Venkat