[Xorp-users] Address not adding

Inlander inlanderground at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:52:33 PDT 2007

Hi, I'm a new user. I also running rip, with multicast. with 2 ethernet
almost like yours.
I saw that your configuration doesn't include prefix-length.
I think you should add them to each interface.
As long as I know. the IP 169.254.xxx.xxx is the autoconfiguration address.
MS Windows use it when Windows doesn't find any dhcp address.
those IP use prefix-length or subnet mask in 16 length.
so I think probably your xorp can't be called as a router if they have same
addresses
on their interfaces.

CMIIW

Regards,