[Xorp-users] No logging when using xorp_rtrmgr

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Fri Aug 24 09:40:43 PDT 2007

> > Could you confirm that if you do the following, then the xorp_rtrmgr
> > process doesn't print anything:
> >
> > ./configure
> > gmake
>
> gmake == GNU make, right?

Yes.

> > cd rtrmgr
> > # Become a root
> > ./xorp_rtrmgr -b my_config.boot
>
> Nothing at all. Even though if I strace the process I see that it fails
> because my_config.boot does not exist:
>
> open("my_config.boot", O_RDONLY)        = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
> directory)

If the file is not there, then xorp_rtrmgr should fail with the
proper error. E.g.:

pavlin at xorp[281] ./xorp_rtrmgr -b no_such_file.boot
[ 2007/08/24 09:37:19  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:39085 RTRMGR +330
/home/pavlin/xorp/rtrmgr/main_rtrmgr.cc run ] rtrmgr
shutting down due to an init error: Failed to open config file:
no_such_file.boot
Exit 1

It seems like there is something wrong with printing the log
messages. However, from your next email on the subject it seems that
the latest code from CVS doesn't have this issue so I won't pursue
it.