[Xorp-users] policy connected already exists

Hansi hantongs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:25:31 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have 2 boxes running xorp now and I intend to run RIP as a routing
protocol. Though I was successful in configuring through the 'config.boot'
file in the first box. I also intend to configure RIP through the xorp
command line shell. I was able to successfully commit a policy with
policy-statement "static". However, when I tried to commit a
policy-statement "connected", I encountered this error:

root at hansi-desktop# set policy policy-statement connected term export from
protocol connected
[edit]
root at hansi-desktop# commit
Commit Failed
102 Command failed create_policy: PolicyMapError from line 45 of
policy_map.cc: Can't create policy connected : already exists[edit]

Does this error indicate that the policy 'connected' has been implicitly
configured already?

Would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks.