[Xorp-users] BGP crash

Mark Handley M.Handley at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 09:43:49 PST 2007

Xorp should not crash; I don't think this is a known issue.  Can you
clarify - which Xorp process crashes?  The subject implies BGP, but I
just want to be sure.

Also I'm not clear on the scenario - BGP doesn't advertise ASs to
interfaces - it advertises them via BGP connections which are only
loosely connected to interfaces (if you choose an interface IP address
for the connection endpoint).  Do you mean the BGP has peering
configured using the local IP addresses of the three ethernets in your
scenario?

Which AS is the router that crashes in?

Your text says 5 routers, but I'm not sure where the 5th one is - the
minimum needed to implement something like you describe is 4 (One each
for AS1, AS2, AS3 and the router that crashes).  Where's the 5th one?

Also could you send the policy config you used to prevent route redistribution?

If we understood the scenario, we can build a test suite to tickle
this problem, but right now I don't really know how to do this.

 - Mark