[Xorp-users] Example config files for connecting different OSPF areas?

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.net
Wed Dec 5 14:19:07 PST 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 11:26:39AM -0800, Ben Greear wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am trying to understand how OSPF areas work and are configured in
> Xorp.
>
> To start with, would this be a valid scenario:
>
> Router1,Area-0.0.0.0   -- ethernet -- Router1,Area-1.1.1.1

Yes, having one interface in one area and another
interface in another area makes this router an ABR = Area Border
Router. OSPF will by default (and unlike IS-IS) redistribute
routes between areas (with a few exceptions).

> I assume that if I can get these talking, I can easily add more routers to
> each of the areas connected to one of the routers above...
>
> Does anyone have a set of example Xorp configs for this scenario?

It's basically the same as with only one area..
with the exception that you have more than one
area ;)
Have you run into any problems?

  Kristian.

--
Kristian Larsson                                        KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer & Peering Coordinator      SpriteLink [AS39525]
+46 704 910401			              kll at spritelink.net