[Xorp-users] Fwd: tests conformance using XORP

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Fri Dec 21 15:34:02 PST 2007

> First of all, thank you for the answers
>
> but i am with problems in the RIP. In the show pim join output
>
> root at thiago> show pim join
> Group           Source          RP              Flags
> 224.1.1.1       192.168.6.1     192.168.8.5     SG
>     Upstream interface (S):    UNKNOWN
>     Upstream interface (RP):   register_vif
>     Upstream MRIB next hop (RP): UNKNOWN
>     Upstream MRIB next hop (S):  UNKNOWN
>     Upstream RPF'(S,G):        UNKNOWN
>     Upstream state:            Joined
>     Join timer:                48
>     KAT(S,G) running:          false
>     Local receiver include WC: ...
>     Local receiver include SG: ...
>     Local receiver exclude SG: ...
>     Joins RP:                  ...
>     Joins WC:                  ...
>     Joins SG:                  O..
>     Join state:                O..
>     Prune state:               ...
>     Prune pending state:       ...
>     I am assert winner state:  ...
>     I am assert loser state:   ...
>     Assert winner WC:          ...
>     Assert winner SG:          ...
>     Assert lost WC:            ...
>     Assert lost SG:            ...
>     Assert lost SG_RPT:        ...
>     Assert tracking SG:        O..
>     Could assert WC:           ...
>     Could assert SG:           ...
>     I am DR:                   O.O
>     Immediate olist RP:        ...
>     Immediate olist WC:        ...
>     Immediate olist SG:        O..
>     Inherited olist SG:        O..
>     Inherited olist SG_RPT:    ...
>     PIM include WC:            ...
>     PIM include SG:            ...
>     PIM exclude SG:            ...
>
> The source 192.168.6.1 is generated by TEE (another router). It
> appears that the route is not received by RIP. You could verify
> that by running the "show route table ipv4 unicast rip". I do not show nothing.
>
> I am attached my config.boot. Can you help me in my rip configuration?

Few things to apply to your config:

 * Delete the following configuration statement:

        mrib-route 192.168.7.0/24 {
            next-hop: 192.168.6.1
            metric: 1
        }

   You shouldn't use static mrib-route for a directly connected subnet
   (192.168.7.0/24).

 * The 192.168.6.0/24 static route has next-hop set to your own IP
   address (192.168.7.5).
   It should be set to the IP address of the next-hop router toward
   192.168.6.0/24, and that router should be running PIM-SM.
   However, if you have 192.168.6.0/24 static route, then that route
   will be preferred regardless of the RIP routes.
   There is nothing wrong with that, as long as you understand the
   result of it.

 * In RIP you are exporting static routes only.
   Most likely you need to export the connected routes (only).
   Only if you have special static routes you need to export, then
   you should export both connected and static.

 * In your RIP config you haven't configured eth2.
   I am pointing this in case it was omitted unintentionally.

Hope that helps,