[Xorp-users] PIM registering process

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Sat Feb 17 07:58:20 PST 2007

> Thanks Pavlin. I was unable to see any SSM behaviour in XORP so this
> question.

If it still doesn't work, did you try to debug the problem?
A starting point would be the "show igmp group" xorpsh command on
the router directly connected to the SSM receiver. If it shows the
(S,G) receiver, then the "show pim join" xorpsh command should show
the (S,G) PIM-SM state.

> Also, is there some problem with PIM register. I did the usual set up and
> configuration but the system wont register encapsulate the data packet. All
> parameters were correctly mentioned and why register_vif takes address of
> the first physical interface.

I presume here you are talking about ASM and that you had configured
the Cand-RP set, because PIM Registers are not needed/used with SSM.

It is normal for register_vif to take the address of the first
physical interface.
Did the PIM-SM (S,G) state for the directly connected sender (use
the "show pim join" command to see it) contained the register_vif in
the outgoing interface set? If yes, what about the MFC state
("show pim mfea")?