[Xorp-users] debug_msg malfunction

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Mon Jan 8 11:34:57 PST 2007

> When I build the XORP code with --enable-debug-msgs option on (I
> actually did ./configure --disable-ipv6 --enable-debug-msgs), it
> generates tons of debug messages and eats up all the cpu cycles. I
> suspect it runs into some sort of loop (but not 100% sure because I
> didn't do the pattern matching.)
>
> Anybody has a better way to view the debug messages (I'm only interested
> in those related to BGP)?

The --enable-debug-msgs will generate all possible debug messages.
If you want the debug messages enabled only in a specific *.cc file,
then don't use this configuration option at all.
Instead, add the following definitions to the beginning of that file:

#define DEBUG_LOGGING
#define DEBUG_PRINT_FUNCTION_NAME

Note that you must add those definitions before the inclusion of any
header files.