[Xorp-users] Compiling xorp, how to change default paths

Kimmo Koivisto koippa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 03:36:06 PST 2007

Hello

I'm using xorp 1.3 in RHEL4 from rpm (from Dries rpm repository). After installation, things are not as I would like them to be:

1.  Default paths for templates etc are now:
Boot file := /usr/config.boot
Templates directory  := /usr/etc/templates
Xrl targets directory  := /usr/xrl/targets

but rpm installs all templates etc to the /usr/share/xorp. And I would like that xorp would use /etc/xorp.conf instead of config.boot as it's config file.

Is there configure -option to do these things or do I need to edit some Makefile.in files?
Rpm uses only this option to configure:
--datadir=/usr/share/xorp

2. rpm installs xorp_rtrmgr to /usr/bin which is fine. Other parts such as xorp_fea are installed to /usr/bin too. And that is fine too.
But when xorp_rtrmgr starts, it tries to find xorp_fea from /usr/fea/xorp_fea, same thing with other parts.
So now I need to create /usr/"xorp-component" directories and symlink binaries from /usr/bin to /usr/"xorp-component".

Can I change this easily so that xorp_rtrmgr would not use any static paths when starting those other parts?

3. I start xorp_rtrmgr to the backgroud and then kill it with SIGTERM. Is this proper way to shutdown xorp so that it can exit cleanly or should I use some other signal?

4. Template or Xrl files (I don't know what there are) have paths for commands, for example if file bgp.cmds has %command parameter:
 show bgp peers {
     %command: "bgp/tools/xorpsh_print_peers $0" %help: HELP;
     %module: bgp;
     %tag: HELP "Show BGP peers info";
 }

That has path bgp/tools in it. rpm installs xorpsh_print_peers to /usr/bin/ and xorpsh does not start. I had to change that file (and others too) so that there is no paths in %command:

show bgp peers {
    %command: "xorpsh_print_peers $0" %help: HELP;
     %module: bgp;
     %tag: HELP "Show BGP peers info";
 }

Are those command paths somehow configurable when compiling?

These questions might be quite stupid, I don't really know much about xorp :)

Regards
Kimmo Koivisto