[Xorp-users] Compiling Xorp on Slackware

Hugo van Niekerk hugovn77 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 03:32:48 PST 2007

Hi All

Thank you for a great application. I've been playing with it and every time
I run across something new and get impressed all over again. Like Ross from
earlier, I am also ambitious and took on the challenge to try and make Xorp
run on slackware. I run into a few problems, for which I need to be pointed
in the right direction. Firstly, during the ./configure process it reports
not to find any of the following files. I know that some of these are
specific to certain distros,is this xorps way of determining what distro it
is being compiled on or are there dependencies that I need to search for?

nd.h
if_dl.h
if_media.h
if_types.h
if_var.h
sockio.h
linker.h
mroute6.h
ethernet.h
if_ether.h
vfork.h
ip.h
ip_mroute.h
in6_var.h
nd6.h
ip6_mroute.h
pim.h

I realise that these might be header files but have been unsuccessful in
determining where they fit in.

regards

Hugo