[Xorp-users] Compiling Xorp on Slackware

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Mon Jan 22 12:31:26 PST 2007

> Thank you for a great application. I've been playing with it and every time
> I run across something new and get impressed all over again. Like Ross from
> earlier, I am also ambitious and took on the challenge to try and make Xorp
> run on slackware. I run into a few problems, for which I need to be pointed
> in the right direction. Firstly, during the ./configure process it reports
> not to find any of the following files. I know that some of these are
> specific to certain distros,is this xorps way of determining what distro it
> is being compiled on or are there dependencies that I need to search for?
>
> nd.h
> if_dl.h
> if_media.h
> if_types.h
> if_var.h
> sockio.h
> linker.h
> mroute6.h
> ethernet.h
> if_ether.h
> vfork.h
> ip.h
> ip_mroute.h
> in6_var.h
> nd6.h
> ip6_mroute.h
> pim.h

It is normal that ./configure doesn't find some header files, so it
doesn't mean there is an error.

The purpose of ./configure is to find various info about the OS and
then conditionally define the corresponding tags (later used by the
source code), so all the messages/warnings printed by ./configure
indicate what was/wasn't found about the system.

If there was any compilation error (after you execute "gmake"),
please include that error.