[Xorp-users] Current Manual?

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Wed Jul 18 14:10:14 PDT 2007

> I am looking for a more current manual and / or configuration file
> examples than I have found on the Xorp.org website.
>
> There appear to be inconsistencies in between what I have discovered
> through past use of Xorp and what is described in the user manual at :
>
> http://www.xorp.org/releases/current/docs/user_manual/user_manual.pdf
>
> Is it safe to assume this is outdated or Am I just not reading it right?
>
> My issue is:
>
> The configuration file syntax described in the configuration file is not
> accepted by Xorp when running the Router manager (xorp_rtrmgr). The
> syntax found by exploring the configuration through the Xorp shell
> works for the configuration file once it has been cut and pasted into
> the file. This is where inconsistency is found.
>
> Anyone have any ideas, pointers or links?

The User Manual on the XORP Web site should reflect the latest 1.4
release.

If you are using the latest XORP code from CVS, then you also need
the manual from CVS (under xorp/docs/user_manual, but you need LaTeX
to compile the PS/PDF).

If you have found any inconsistencies, please let us know so we can
fix them.

Thank you,
Atanu & Pavlin