[Xorp-users] XORP and RPM Compilation

Frederic Gilloteau Frederic.Gilloteau at alcatel.fr
Thu Jul 19 02:29:23 PDT 2007

Hello,

I would like to compile xorp-1.4 to get the associated RPM.

My problems are the following :

1) If I get the xorp src rpm from http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/xorp/,
The .spec file is not correct I think because templates/ and target/
directories are installed under /usr/share/xorp where xorp_rtrmgr expects
them to be in /usr/etc/templates and /usr/xrl/targets. I can pass it as an
option with -x and -t but then it fails again because xorp expects to find
xorp_fea in /usr/fea/xorp_fea and this is situated in /usr/bin/xorp_fea ..

==> I tried 2)

2) I got a newer spec file from
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SPECS/xorp.spec which seems to
correct the paths problem, but this spec file failed to compile due to a
libtool problem "libtool: unrecognized option `--tag=CC'". My libtool
version is libtool-1.5.16.multilib2-3. (I read in the README that it should
be 1.4)

My question : Is there a working spec file I could use for xorp-1.4 which
works with the libtool-1.5 ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Fred