[Xorp-users] XORP and Virtual Routers

Diego Salvador salvador_d13 at yahoo.com.ph
Tue Jun 26 03:53:33 PDT 2007

Thanks to all of you replying my concern. I apologize because perhaps I was wrong in building my statement here because what I want to know is the virtual routing and forwarding in XORP based on what I have encountered from the documents http://www.ipinfusion.com/pdf/VirtualRouting_app-note_3rev0302.pdf as well as this http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/M.Handley/slides/xorp-virt.pdf.

Thanks.

Diego

Sukrit Dasgupta <sukrit at ece.drexel.edu> wrote: Hi Diego,

You could probably use UML (User Mode Linux) to do so, here is a (very) old link.

http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2004-November/000278.html

Also, there is a paper :

http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2006/discussion/showpaper.php?paper_id=1

Where UML is used to make virtual networks by running multiple XORP routers on one physical machine.

Sukrit