[Xorp-users] Some Questions on XORP

Archimedes S. Gaviola agaviola at infoweapons.com
Tue Mar 6 05:56:24 PST 2007

To Whom It May Concerned:

Hi! I got some questions regarding routing module and functionalities in
XORP.

1. Since XORP composed of standard routing protocols both unicast and
multicast, do you have a plan for interoperability testing with other
routing implementations?
2. I have read in the manual based on release 1.3
http://www.xorp.org/releases/1.3/docs/user_manual/user_manual.pdf that it
doesn't support for VLAN interfaces, do you have a plan to support it on the
next releases?
3. In PIM-SSM configuration, is there a way we can filter legitimate sources
to be allowed in joining a multicast group? Or filter lists of legitimate
hosts that wants to join a channel from querying IGMPv3 routers?

Thank you very much.

Sincerely Yours,

Archimedes S. Gaviola
Network Engineer