[Xorp-users] Some Questions on XORP

Adam Greenhalgh a.greenhalgh at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 6 06:07:05 PST 2007

Hi,

Some answers in line, I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Adam

On 3/6/07, Archimedes S. Gaviola <agaviola at infoweapons.com> wrote:

> To Whom It May Concerned:
>
> Hi! I got some questions regarding routing module and functionalities in
> XORP.
>
> 1. Since XORP composed of standard routing protocols both unicast and
> multicast, do you have a plan for interoperability testing with other
> routing implementations?

Yes, xorp has been through the UNH tests , paid for by vyatta, please
the test report here :

http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2006-March/001137.html

> 2. I have read in the manual based on release 1.3
> http://www.xorp.org/releases/1.3/docs/user_manual/user_manual.pdf
> that it doesn't support for VLAN interfaces, do you have a plan to support
> it on the next releases?

Not in the 1.4 release, vlans are supported in the underlying os , I
think vyatta supports these, vyatta is based on the xorp suite.

> 3. In PIM-SSM configuration, is there a way we can filter legitimate sources
> to be allowed in joining a multicast group? Or filter lists of legitimate
> hosts that wants to join a channel from querying IGMPv3 routers?

sorry, personally I don't know. One of the others might.

Adam