[Xorp-users] Want test result of PIM-BIDIR protocol !!!

Ashish Karpe ashishkarpe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:23:37 PDT 2007

On 3/12/07, Pavlin Radoslavov <pavlin at icir.org> wrote:

> > do anybody have comparative test results of PIM-SM & PIM-BIDIR ?? can u
> > share it ?? or else from where can i get those ??
>
> Can you be more specific what you mean by "comparative test
> results".

means we want to see test result proving that PIM-Bidir in beneficial over
PIm-SM  for many-to-many applications !!!

I haven't heard about a detailed study targeting both PIM-SM and
> Bidir-PIM (at least I don't remember anyting beint sent to the
> relevant mailing lists).
> So there is a window of opportunity for you for such study after you
> complete your Bidir-PIM implementation :)

             Problems for us is that we don't  have large setup to see/test
this comparative (PIM-SM Vs Bidir ) result !!! Currently we are using Vmware
on single machine so we can only test basic interoperability between bidir
routers for our implementation !! But we are unable to compare between these
to protocols !! bty what do you prefer to compare between this two protocols
??

  ps: large setup is required because Bidir PIM enables many-to-many
applications by allowing them to easily scale to a very large number of
groups and sources by eliminating the maintenance of source state.

Regards,