[Xorp-users] Cannot start vif + IPv6 multicast question

Elzer Zoltan ez201 at mail2.selye.sk
Sat Mar 17 11:41:36 PDT 2007

Hello Pavlin,

As I wrote in my last letter, I managed to start the xorp. unfortunately I
don't have the live CD's config file but I have the working config so I
attached it to my mail.
I would like to ask another question. We would like to run the IPv6
multicast forwarding. I browsed the net and found the IPv6 multicast patch
for linux. I have the 2.6.7 kernel version and I patched it. but
unfortunately the xorp's answer was an Error:
add_multicast_vif() failed: IPv6 multicast routing not supported
I got this error because I added the mfea6 to the config file. I set the
variables in the kernel config as the xorp manual said. But nothing.

To add more I found your answer to a mail:
http//mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2007-January/001638.htm
and you said that there is no confirmation whether the patched Linux kernel
really works with XORP. Have you tried it, is it working now properly or I
didn't check something ? Thanks for your answer!

                                               Best regards
                                                       Turbo