[Xorp-users] Help! RIP Conf on xorp router wont work.

Pallavi Gupta guptalavi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:44:31 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to set up a simple test network with two xorp routers
(Live CD, v1.3) connected using a crossover cable. The problem I am
encountering is that the routers are not exchanging information about
the loopbacks. So, I am unable to ping the other router's loopback. I
am pretty sure that I have configured everything correctly, but if
someone could point something that maybe I have missed........

when i use the show command for connected routes, it shows both
ethernet and loopbak, but when i use the show command as follows, it
doesnt show me any RIP routes. It should have 1 rip route to the other
router's loopback, right ?
> show route table ipv4 unicast rip

Router A :    Lo0  -   192.168.9.1  subnet /24
                   fxp0 -   192.168.10.1  subnet  /24
Router B :
                   fxp0 - 192.168.10.2    subnet / 24
                   Lo0 - 192.168.11.1    subnet /24

I am configuring the routers as below :

Router B :
# Set fea unicast-forwarding4 disable : false
# Set interfaces restore-original-config-on-shutdown : false
# Set interfaces interface lo0 vif lo0 address 192.168.11.1 prefix-length 24
# Set interfaces interface fxp0 vif fxp0 address 192.168.10.2 prefix-length 24
# set protocols rip interface fxp0 vif fxp0 address 192.168.10.2
# Set protocols rip interface lo0 vif lo0 address 192.168.11.1
# set protocols rip export connected
# set policy policy-statement connected term export from protocol : "connected"
# commit

configuration for router A is identical except for the ip address , of course.

Thanks sooo much.
Regards ,
Pallavi Gupta,
--
"Little things make big differences in life"