[Xorp-users] Problems with multicast routing on Linux

Jon-Olov Vatn jon-olov at ontimenet.com
Thu May 24 06:56:35 PDT 2007

Hi Pavlin,

Thanks for the quick response! I am aware about the issues you list, and
I should have been clearer about the situations when static multicast
routing could be of interest. As you point out static multicast routing
won't handle situations where the multicast group address(es), senders
and group membership are neither static nor known in advance.

Regards,

J-O