[Xorp-users] "Make All" error

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Thu Nov 1 00:13:31 PDT 2007

HJ <hengjuen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pavlin,
> Here is the info i collected.
>

> Make version:    GNU make 3.81
>
> OS:                  Fedora Core 7
>

> Actually *make all* doesn't change the *./configure file*. It is *make ¨CB**.
> *
>

> Attached is the *configure file* before and after *make ¨CB*.
> THanks & Regards,
> HJ

Somehow in your email above text after "make" doesn't show up
properly.
I guess you meant "make -B" (also equivalent to "make --always-make").

This particular command will trigger the re-generation of the
./configure file before continuing with the compilation.
The regeneration requires certail versions of the autotools
(autoconf/automake/libtool) being installed.
If the versions don't match the versions we used in 1.4 to generate
./configure and friends, then the result is unpredictable.

Said that, you shouldn't use "make -B" because it is not necessary
(and as you see it breaks things if the right set of autotools is
not installed).

Just running "make" followed optionally with "make check" is
sufficient.