[Xorp-users] Compilation Error

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.net
Thu Oct 25 13:39:25 PDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 02:59:23PM +0800, dinesh kumar wrote:

> Dear XORP users,
>
> I am getting the following error while I am compiling XORP :
>
> root:~/Desktop/xorp/XORP Code/xorp-1.4# ./configure
> bash: ./configure: Permission denied
>
> and I am compiling from the following directory:
>
> /root/Desktop/xorp/XORP Code/xorp- 1.4#
>
> I have logged in as root only. Don't know why "permission denied" error is coming. Please give your suggestions.

It would seem that the execute bit on your
configure script isn't set for some reason.
Could you try to do a `chmod u+x configure` and
then try executing the script just as you tried or
perhaps an extended directory listing (`ls -la
configure`).

  -K

--
Kristian Larsson                                        KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer & Peering Coordinator      SpriteLink [AS39525]
+46 704 910401			              kll at spritelink.net