[Xorp-users] New to this multcast - Can this work with xorp?

Daniel Paquet daniel.paquet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:01:03 PDT 2007

Hello!

  I am a fresh newbie in multicast routing! Woho! hehe

  So here is the thing.

  I have a linux box that I want it to route multicast trafic from a gre tunnel.

  The linux box has only 1 network interface. The multicast trafic
gets in from the tunnel interface and needs to get out to the "real"
physical interface eth0. Do you think that this setup can work?

  We are using PIM-SM and a cisco router 2811.
  I enabled IGMP only on xorp and disabled all the other routing
protocol, RIP, OSPF, and such.

  So since I am kinda new in all this, is there a way for me to see if
my setup works? I do a ping to 224.0.0.1 and I get no anser.

  I did not set any route for 224.0.0.1, is it XORP that will create
those routes or I do need to set this route on all my interfaces, on
the tunnel and on the physical?

I will probably have more questions ;)

Thanks all for your time :)

--
Ubuntu est un ancien mot africain qui veut dire "Je ne peux pas
configurer Debian"