[Xorp-users] "Make All" error

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Wed Oct 31 12:50:38 PDT 2007

> I am trying to recompile the XORP after 1st sucessfuly compilation and
> verification using GCC.
> I did such steps as mention in user guide:
> 1) ./configure
> 2) make
> 3) make check
> After these steps, i try to recompile all the target with:
> - make all
> it shows error here:
>
> ./configure: line 1921: syntax error near unexpected token 'xorp,'
>
> ./configure: line 1921: 'AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(xorp, 1.4)'
>
> Make: *** [config.status] Error 2
>
> Can anyone help to provide some input here?

That's odd.
First, "make" itself is suppose to compile all targets (except the
test programs) so you don't really need "make all".
Also, if you compiled everything, then "make all" should be a no-op.
It looks like something got corrupted.
Can you start with a clean XORP tree (untar from scratch) and see
whether you get same problem.

I assume that you are running Linux, otherwise on BSD boxes you
should use "gmake" instead of "make".