[Xorp-users] Question on OSPF priority.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Sep 11 14:59:14 PDT 2007

Suppose I have 3 routers: A, B, C
They are connected with links: A==B, B==C

I also have them each connected to a switch, so that A can talk directly
over that switch to B and C.

I want the switch link to not be used unless A cannot get to C through B.

I tried setting priority, but it seems OSPF always uses the switch
interfaces.  The manual isn't clear whether a larger priority value
is better or worse, but I tried making rddVR48 (the switch interface
to have 11 as well as 200, and each time rddVR44 was effectively
ignored.)

Any ideas?

protocols {
     ospf4 {