[Xorp-users] Unreachable default route.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Sep 13 11:43:19 PDT 2007

Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:

> You could use the following configuration on Linux to configure a
> discard interface and a static route that is blackhole:
>
> interfaces {
>     interface my_discard {
>         discard: true
>         vif my_discard {
>         }
>     }
> }

[snip]

Ok, this does indeed create a blackhole route.  But, it seems this will just
silently eat packets.  What I really want is unreachable, which will return
the proper ICMP packet saying the destination is unreachable.

Any idea how hard it would be to add this functionality?

In the meantime, I'll work on a patch that makes the 'static' priority
configurable with an environment variable.