[Xorp-users] How to configure simple static subnet route?

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Thu Sep 13 22:04:52 PDT 2007

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

> I'm feeling quite lame, but I cannot figure out how to get Xorp to
> configure regular old subnet routes on it's interfaces.  I've been
> trying things like:
>
>     static {
>         interface-route 0.0.0.0/0 {
>             next-hop-interface: "my_discard"
>             next-hop-vif: "my_discard"
>         }
>         route 10.0.0.0/24 {
>             next-hop: 10.0.0.2
>         }
>
>         route 10.2.0.0/24 {
>             next-hop: 10.2.0.1
>         }
>
> But, only the discard default route shows up!
>
> All of the examples I can find in the user-guide seem to be wierd non-subnet
> routes...surely Xorp can do this?

Make sure that the next-hop IP address is directly connected to an
XORP-configured interface.
In your second and third example the next-hop address belongs to the
subnet route itself which is a bit odd.

In any case the "show route ipv4 unicast static" xorpsh command will
tell you whether any static route has been sent to the RIB.