[Xorp-users] adding/removing interfaces with xorp-cli

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Sep 18 13:49:36 PDT 2007

We tried several things related to dynamically re-configuring
xorp.

First, we tried using two relatively simple config files, identical except that
the IPs for interfaces were different.  We tried to load the new file and
commit, but we got errors relating to interfaces.

Is that supposed to work?

Second, we tried manually removing an IP and re-adding it.  This only
worked if we did a commit between the remove and the add (and another
commit at the end of the add).

Are we supposed to have to commit to make this work?

Finally, we'd like to be able to add/remove interfaces through the
CLI w/out restarting Xorp.  It seems the CLI has the proper commands,
but does anyone know if this actually works?