[Xorp-users] Unreachable default route.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Sep 19 14:59:59 PDT 2007

Ok, I think this is working now...patch is attached.

In addition to the 'unreachable' feature, this also includes the
hack to let the 'static' priority be set though an environment
variable, and a slight modification of the error logging for
receiving pkts not destined for this Xorp's interfaces.

If it is more convenient, I can cut those extra two things
out of the patch, but I would also be happy if they went into
Xorp proper.  I understand the getenv hack is not a long term
solution, but it is better than nothing, and if the variable is
not set, you get the current default behaviour.

Please look for 'TODO' in the patch, as I had a few questions
as to whether I did it right.  It seems to be working right on
Linux:

10.2.0.0/24 via 10.0.0.1 dev rddVR1  proto xorp  metric 2 notify
10.0.0.0/24 dev rddVR1  scope link
10.4.0.0/24 dev rddVR44  scope link
10.1.0.0/24 via 10.4.0.2 dev rddVR44  proto xorp  metric 2 notify
10.3.0.0/24 via 10.0.0.1 dev rddVR1  proto xorp  metric 2 notify
unreachable default  proto xorp  metric 1 notify

cfg-file snippets:

interfaces {
     interface my_discard {
         unreachable: true