[Xorp-users] adding/removing interfaces with xorp-cli

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Sep 20 13:02:38 PDT 2007

Atanu Ghosh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The first error seems to be an OSPF bug, it is supposed to be possible
> to configure OSPF with and an interface and vif that are not configured
> in the interfaces section. When the interface and vif are configured in
> the interfaces OSPF should respond to the update. Unfortunately OSPF is
> attempting to get the prefix length of the interface and vif before
> checking if it is configured. A work around would be to commit the
> changes to the interfaces section before committing the OSPF changes.

If you check a bit farther down my email, you will see that I tried
that and couldn't get that working either.

Ahh, part of the problem is that even though the commits failed,
it seems it did manage to set the IP on the interface, so my
subsequent commands to remove the old IP failed.

One suggestion there:  If asked to remove something that does
not exist, do not fail.  At most, issue a warning.

Let me try some more commands now that I understand this IP
issue a bit better..