[Xorp-users] xorp_rib SEGV when removing interface while using OSPF.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Sep 25 16:22:11 PDT 2007

Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:

> Without looking into all details, I think your intuition is right.
> Could you open a Bugzilla entry for the issue and include
> instuctions how to reproduce the issue. Without such instructions it
> will be much more difficult to track and fix the issue.

I started looking into this code today, and it appears quite difficult
to properly clean up the various routing table structures that hold
references to Vifs.

What do you think about removing the _vif pointer from RouteEntry
and just using vifname and/or ifname strings?  If we ever really need
an vif object, can look it up then in the rib's global list?

Another option would be to use a reference counting scheme, but
those usually suck to code & debug, especially when templates
are involved...

Any suggestions?