[Xorp-users] Multicast problem

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Aug 20 15:20:15 PDT 2008

Bruce M Simpson wrote:

>> * After this, the kernel stops sending pkts to the pimreg device and
>> instead
>>   sends them directly out the proper kernel interface.
>
> That's correct, once the REGISTER goes upstream to the RP, the MFC
> should be set up.

I sort of have it working now.  The final thing was to explicitly
bind the fea's raw IP socket to a local IP so that the kernel would pay
attention to my routing table logic.  I wouldn't expect to have to do this,
and will be poking at the kernel raw-ip routing logic.

What I see now is each packet going through xorp and being
sent upstream as a PIM Register packet.  It seems the MFC
is never updated and the latency is horrible.

I'll see if I can figure out why MFC is not being setup next...