[Xorp-users] Multiple XORP routers question

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Aug 21 08:14:27 PDT 2008

Francisco Rodriguez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quick question, can XORP-1.5 be instatiated several times to create
> multiple routers in the same PC by just changing its enviroment
> variable “XORP_FINDER_SERVER_PORT=<value>”? Or do I need to use a
> different XORP version?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Francisco

It works, but if you want them to be independent, you have to use
different routing table IDs and probably also
do some clever policy-based routing rules so that pkts coming in
interfaces associated with a particular router
use that routing table.

What I mention only works on Linux as far as I know.