[Xorp-users] xorp_rtrmgr start at boot?

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Aug 28 03:36:56 PDT 2008

Jay T wrote:
> how does xorp_rtrmgr start at boot on the live cd, i cant figure out
> how to do this from a freebsd install, my distro is freebsd 7.0, i
> installed xorp from "pkg_add -r xorp" from a minimal freebsd 7.0
> install... everything works fine when in run the following command
> "/usr/local/bin/xorp_rtrmgr" but it will not start by default when the
> machine boots :(

In the port's pkg-install script there are a bunch of messages printed
which summarize what has to be done to bring up xorp_rtrmgr at boot.
I'll repeat that again here:

* You also have to add defaultrouter="NO" and xorp_enable="YES" to your
/etc/rc.conf.

* You must create a working configuration file in
${PREFIX}/etc/xorp.conf otherwise the router manager won't start. The
LiveCD does some menu configuration to create this file by default.

* PREFIX is almost always /usr/local, though it's only a symlink on the
LiveCD.

thanks
BMS