[Xorp-users] Xorp router on windows 2008

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Mon Dec 29 14:48:35 PST 2008

Altaf Maniar wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Thanks for replaying. How about the windows firewall issue? Anything on
> that.

What we did, when demonstrating the prototype, was to just knock holes
through for the appropriate ports. Unfortunately, if memory serves me
correctly, you can't do that for OSPF because it needs to use its own
specific IP protocol number.

Whilst with time we could probably augment the existing Windows FEA
support to use the Windows Firewall APIs to open the appropriate hole in
the firewall configs automatically, this is unlikely to appear as a
feature until the XORP 2.0 train.

thanks,
BMS