[Xorp-users] static Route 0.0.0.0/0

Florian Thiessenhusen Florian.Thiessenhusen at admeritia.de
Fri Feb 29 09:46:38 PST 2008

 Hello together,

i am testing some very simple Xorp-functions in a testlab.

My testlab:
1 Firewall (192.168.15.11) (serves internet and some other local nets)
1 Xorp Router (192.168.15.15) (in the same subnet like LAN interface of Firewall)
2 Clients (in the same interface like Firewall and Xorp)

I only use static routes for the clients, that they can connect to internet via Firewall and the other local Networks. The Xorp Router is standardgateway in the clients. All routing is working properly for the Networks, directly attached to the Firewall.

My config.boot lokes like this:

<------------------------------------------------------>

/*XORP Configuration File, v1.0*/
protocols {
    static {
        disable: false
        route 0.0.0.0/0 {
            next-hop: 192.168.15.11
            metric: 1
        }
        route 192.168.14.0/24 {
            next-hop: 192.168.15.11
            metric: 1
        }
    }
}
fea {
    unicast-forwarding4 {
        disable: false
        forwarding-entries {
            retain-on-startup: false
            retain-on-shutdown: false
        }
    }
}
interfaces {
    restore-original-config-on-shutdown: false
    interface lo {
        disable: false
        discard: false
        default-system-config
    }
    interface eth1 {
        disable: false
        discard: false
        default-system-config
    }
}

Now i have a problem:
I cannot route into 0.0.0.0/0 (Internet?). It will not work. Where is the failure?

Thanks for help,
Florian