[Xorp-users] A question on exporting connected routes into OSPF

Donghai Ma donghaima at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:15:56 PST 2008

 Hello List,

I am new to XORP and having difficulties to get XORP to distribute connected
routes into OSPF.  For example, after I add an address to eth1:
     $ ip addr add 8.65.1.10/32 dev eth1

I'd like the connected route 8.65.1.10/32 be distributed by the OSPF
process.

After reading through the XORP manual I have the latest 1.4 release running
on my Linux box.  The OSPF process is receiving routes correctly from the
upstream router.  But the route export/distribution does not work as I had
hoped.  When I add or delete ip addresses the XORP process does not do OSPF
LS Update.

My question is: does XORP currently support this kind of route
distribution?  And if yes how to make this work?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Donghai Ma

PS.

Here is my configuration:

-------------------------------------------- xorp config file starts
/* $XORP: xorp/rtrmgr/config.boot 1.46 2007/03/12 10:16:05 atanu Exp $ */
interfaces {
    restore-original-config-on-shutdown: false
    interface eth1 {
        disable: false
        /* default-system-config */
        vif eth1 {
            disable: false
            address 5.8.27.2 {
                prefix-length: 24
                broadcast: 5.8.27.255
                disable: false
            }
        }
    }
}

fea {
    unicast-forwarding4 {
        disable: false
        forwarding-entries {
            retain-on-startup: false
            retain-on-shutdown:    false
        }
    }
}

policy {
    /* Describe connected routes for redistribution */
    policy-statement POLICY_CONNECTED {
        term 1 {
            from {
                protocol: "connected"