[Xorp-users] xorpsh load command

Arsi Antila bbb999 at zerodistance.fi
Wed Jan 9 06:32:20 PST 2008

Xorpsh load command does not seem to work in all situations.

If I start XORP with xorp1.conf shown below, and then try to load
xorp2.conf by using the load command in xorpsh, the following error
message is shown:

[ 2008/01/09 12:05:14  WARNING xorp_policy:5327 XrlPolicyTarget +360
policy_base.cc handle_policy_0_1_delete_policy ] Handling method for
policy/0.1/delete_policy failed: XrlCmdError 102 Command failed delete_policy:
DependancyError from line 154 of dependancy.hh: Dependency remove: Object test
in use by: bgp
[ 2008/01/09 12:05:14  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:5324 RTRMGR +675
master_conf_tree.
cc commit_pass2_done ] Commit failed: 102 Command failed delete_policy:
DependancyError from line 154 of dependancy.hh: Dependency remove: Object
test in use by: bgp
ERROR: Load failed.
102 Command failed delete_policy: DependancyError from line 154 of
dependancy.hh: Dependency remove: Object test in use by: bgp [edit]

If I start XORP with xorp2.conf as parameter, and then load
xorp1.conf by using xorpsh, it works OK.

Is there a way to change from xorp1.conf to xorp2.conf without
restarting XORP? Even some kind of workaround would be OK. I am using
Linux, XORP 1.4.

Regards,
Arsi

-- xorp1.conf ---

interfaces {
  restore-original-config-on-shutdown: false
  interface eth1 {
    default-system-config
  }
}