[Xorp-users] OSPFv3 problem?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Jul 9 10:11:38 PDT 2008

Ben Greear wrote:
> I'm trying to add OSPFv3 (and v2 and multicast) support to one
> of my virtual routers.
>
>  From the xorp-user guide, I think I have it configured correctly,
> but perhaps not.
>
> The error in the logs:
> [ 2008/07/08 16:31:39  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:12359 RTRMGR main_rtrmgr.cc:330
> run ] rtrmgr shutting down due to an init error: PARSE ERROR [Config
> File vr_conf/xorp-vr10001.conf, line 89]: No template found in template
> map; Last symbol parsed was "router-id"
>
> The ospfv6 section looks like:
>
>     ospf6 {
>         router-id: 127.1.0.1
>         area 0.0.0.0 {
>             interface rddVR2
>                 vif rddVR2 {
>                 }
>             }

Ok, so I had a bad syntax.

An integer is needed after ospf6, as in:

ospf6 0 {

No idea what it means, but it's required.

I was also missing an open parens after the interface foo {
lines.

Now xorp starts, but it doesn't seem to be populating IPv6 routes.
This could be other issues with my setup, however..so I'll go off
and try to debug that.