[Xorp-users] I do not have the bin directory after compiling and making xorp !

abdelali baaaaad.boy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:03:28 PDT 2008

hello
I have a serious problem so please help me !
I downloaded xorp with different ways ( stable 1.4 version, the latest from
cvs, the package from ubuntu... ) I tried to install it in different linux
distributions as Fedora core 5, 7, 8 and ubuntu 7.10 and JeOS ubuntu.
The problem is that I can't start the xorp_rtrmgr and the message is what
the class xorp_main() gives and it is XrlRouter no finder? and now I know
the origin of the problem; it's because  I don't have programs in xorp or
more precisely I don't have the bin directory in /usr/local/xorp directory
!!!!

to install the last xorp from cvs, I downloaded it and put it in the
/usr/local directory, I passed to root account to have all permissions and
./configure and make (before that, I installed all the missed packages and
headers (gcc, ssl...) following the xorp build_note.

I didn't do the make check this last time because for the others times I
didn't look for the bin directory and now I still have this problem and
don't know its origin. today I installed the FreeBSD to try xorp on but I
think I must know where the problem is !!!

for informations
I use VMware workstation 5.5 on a Toshiba Satellite L40-12k with a dual core
pentium processor.
I have a friend who works with the same VMware in other machine and he says
that all works fine !

thanks a lot for any suggestion. I am really in an impasse.

Abdelali
Master MRGI Student.

--
Apprendre et faire apprendre... c'est notre destiné en fin de compte !!