[Xorp-users] Virtual IP on Router Cluster

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Wed Jul 16 21:44:27 PDT 2008

Pavlin,

--On 16. Juli 2008 18:40:36 -0700 Pavlin Radoslavov
<pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

- snip -

> Bruce M Simpson <bms at incunabulum.net> wrote:
>
>   * OSPFv2 supports a single address per interface/vif, therefore all
>     parameters are set below the address node.
> ---------------------
>
> In other words, you can't have more than one IP address in the
> ospf4 block.

Thanks very much for that! I have really overread it.

> You might want to rethink your setup and see whether you can achieve
> it with a single OSPF address.

Okay then, would it work with alias interfaces like eth0:0? They are run as
separate interfaces. I did not find any hint on how ospfv2 in XORP deals
with alias interfaces.
Guess I have to just test it.

Thanks a lot for helping.

Dirk