[Xorp-users] getting problem in IGMPv3 XORP behavior

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Tue Jul 22 02:32:46 PDT 2008

Tushar Mehta wrote:
> I am currently facing problem in the XORP regarding IGMPv3 protocol.
> I want to check whether XORP router is sending the IGMPv3 report when
> you send IGMP General Query without router alert option.
> It should not send IGMPv3 report when it get the General Query with
> router alert option in the IP header as per the rfc-3376
> In my it is sending the IGMPv3 report. this is the problem i am
> getting now.

I'm confused by the above. Are you running XORP as a multicast router?
Sending a General Query to a IGMPv3 querier or router shouldn't matter.

Or are you having problems with XORP as a multicast end-station?

> also when i am sending IGMPv3 report without router alert option XORP
> is accepting it and making appropriate entry in multicast routing table.
> It should not do that as per rfc-3376

Which OS are you using? That would be a big help -- the processing of
IGMPv3 reports is dependent upon raw sockets and that's an OS specific
thing.

thanks
BMS